Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

After having just nursed Will, I was downstairs at nearly 4am this morning getting a snack. The house was dark and quiet, but as I was munching I heard Bella's door open and little feet scamper across the hall upstairs. She went back into her room and I snuck back upstairs to find this on the floor under our door:
Translation: "Happy Valentine's Day to Mom and Dad and Will. Be My Valentine. Love, Your Secret Admirer Who Loves You Guys"

Yup, I cried. And woke Adam up to show him. At 4am. So so sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is dit-dit's first visit to chesapeake born, and i must say, in addition to the vicarious tears of joy at the miracles of mother and child, is awe of the creative energy of magnificent mama melissa!

and i love the "baby-carrying" series. to this day, my head turns to follow any man who has his baby in a sling. powerful stuff. and i love how bella improvises.

and speaking of bella, how on earth did she wake herself up at 4 am to create her valentine surprise? bless her little heart. obviously has inherited her mother's creative energy.

much much love (and mam-maw, sitting right here, adds hers as well),
elizabeth

ChesapeakeBorn said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Elizabeth! I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. Love to you!