Friday, October 29, 2010

It's been a little while...

I often come up with excuses for why I haven't been writing recently. Typically it is simply because we are just so wonderfully busy, and I am preoccupied with soaking in each moment as it slips past. However, this time I have also been preoccupied by daily tasks and chores which have been taking an inordinate amount of time to complete. The reason is as follows...

I have been told numerous times over the past two months since this shot was taken that I am too old for longboarding. But we like to keep it interesting in our household. We like adventure, a good thrill, the opportunity to master a new skill, stay in touch with the inner child. The majority of today's American population is too house-bound, couch-bound anyways, but I won't get into that.

It has been a slow recovery, but it's coming along. Strangely, I am feeling more empowered and motivated by this injury than frustrated; determined to prove to myself and the docs that I am capable of more than was predicted. And the generosity of family and friends has me filled with gratitude. Good stuff.

But I think Adam must have wanted a taste of this himself...


Having two injured parents at one time has been interesting for sure. Neither of us had ever broken a bone before. Funny how the universe works. But there is so much good in these circumstances... compassion, patience, empathy, strength, love, nurturing. And it sure is a good story.

No comments: