Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holiday Recap

"Why the lack of posts?" you might ask. Well, let me explain it this way: A year ago, as I sat on this couch downloading pictures and updating my blog, Will lay peacefully beside me doing nothing more than smile in his sleep. Today, during the short time I have been sitting in the very same spot, he has gleefully and with much determination removed every book from every shelf in the living room and is now intent on helping me type, or at the very least, see how his finger fits in each port on the back of my laptop. What a joyful mess!


I can say that I have never been more grateful to be so incredibly busy. With the camera always close at hand, I have continued to commit these moments to more than just memory, although the photos seem to linger on the memory cards while I rush off to avert the next near disaster (at present moment an attempt to join the cats in their enclosed cat bed).

********

Will's birthday falls on the first day of winter. We had planned to celebrate with family and friends, but instead received a beautiful blizzard (we enjoyed the party a few weeks later). So we had fun in the snow...



... and spent the evening enjoying the anticipation of Christmas.




We did manage to dig out a few days later to take a day trip to the city where our little man was born.


The joy of celebrating Will's birth and the enchantment of Christmas made this a magical time of year.


No comments: